Per the Governor's direction, Lennox School District will be closed March 23-27.
Lennox School District Superintendent Chad Conway
provided the following information March 18, 2020:
We hope to be back in the classroom on March 30. However, we do not know what further directives will be given. Our goal during this extended absence is to limit learning regression and keep students engaged in learning activities. Below is our expected learning activities for students for the week of March 23-27. This is a fluid situation, you can expect this plan to evolve over time should we be required to be closed longer. Ongoing communication will follow next week.
Teachers will communicate with parents through email and posts on their website.
*If you do not have access to email please call (605) 647-2203 extension 8 between the hours of 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Teachers will provide additional details for these learning plans on Monday, March 23.
EDUCATIONAL PLANS FOR MARCH 23-27 ARE AS FOLLOWS:
Junior Kindergarten - choice boards and SplashLearn.
Grades K-2 - choice boards per grade level (which will include options that are both online learning and learning requiring no electronic device), Reading Eggs, Mathseeds, and other learning websites listed on teacher websites or email you receive from the teacher.
Grades 3-6 - choice boards per grade level (which will include options that are both online learning and learning requiring no electronic device), Exact Path, and other learning websites listed on teacher websites or email you receive from the teacher.
Grades 7-12 - students should continue to work on missing assignments, Edgenuity, Dual Credit classes, and checking Microsoft Teams for posting by their teachers. Teachers will be posting activities with a goal of 20 minutes per course per day.
• Students have used SplashLearn, Reading Eggs, Mathseeds, Exact Path, Edgenuity
throughout the school year. Students should be familiar with these personalized learning tools. If students do not know their login, please email their teacher. If you do not have access to email please call (605) 647-2203 extension 8.
• Personalized learning tools can be accessed through multiple types of devices ( example: PC's, tablets, phones, etc.).
• Teachers will check their emails throughout the day with questions about instruction.
Patience and understanding with this is greatly appreciated.
• Special Education teachers will be in contact with parents (Early Childhood through 12th Grade).
• Additional educational links can be found on the Lennox Library website:
• School owned devices can access Wi-Fi outside any district school building.
• Non-school owned devices may access a public Wi-Fi network outside of the Lennox Community Library.
LENNOX COMMUNITY LIBRARY:
• Open on March 23 from 9:00 AM to 5:30 PM
• People will be screened at the door for illness and required to use hand sanitizer if deemed healthy prior to entry.
• Individuals will be allowed a 10 minute time frame to check out books only.
• 10 people will be allowed in at a time.
• We are offering this opportuni