The Lennox School District announced that the Lennox School District will be closed March 16-20 per the Governor's request. Totally kids will also be closed during this time. All practices and activities are canceled. The State A basketball tournament has also been postponed.
In addition to school being closed next week, all gymnasiums and buildings throughout the district will be closed beginning Friday, March 13 at 6:00 p.m. through Monday, March 23 at 7:00 a.m. I have directed all key cards to be shut off and no staff, students, or community members are permitted to be in any building.
Exceptions to the above information:
• Custodial staff will be in to sanitize all buildings, vehicles, and other district owned property.
• The School Board meeting will be held in the district business office on Monday, March 16 at 5:30 p.m. The public hearing for the Sioux Falls minor boundary change has been canceled.
• Administrators will meet on Tuesday in the district business office to discuss plans moving forward. Undoubtedly, new information will emerge and ongoing planning will be necessary.
Continue with the preventative actions below during this time away from schools:
• Frequent and thorough hand washing for at least 20 seconds
• Use hand sanitizer if soap and water aren't available.
• A void touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact with sick people.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or cough/sneeze into your elbow.
• Stay home when you are sick.