By Kelli Bultena
Tea Weekly and The Lennox Independent are happy to advertise your rummage sales. However, our newspapers will NOT be promoting city wide rummage sale ads this year. This means we won't be asking for advertisements or putting a community map out. Lennox City Wide Rummages had a previously scheduled date of June 5 & 6 and Tea City Wide Rummage Sales had a previously scheduled date of June 12 & 13.
The Lennox Independent and Tea Weekly will run advertisements as they come in — so your ad, if you choose to host a sale and advertise it, will appear under RUMMAGES on the classified page like any regular week. Cost is $5.00 for 20 words or less and 10¢ each additional word. Weekly deadlines are Monday at noon for The Lennox Independent and Tuesday at noon for Tea Weekly. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for a quote.
For those looking to hold sales, the Kingswood Rummage Sales, which is the largest organized rummage sale event in South Dakota posted the following on their website (https://kingswoodrummage.com) — Due to concerns with COVID-19 we have created a list of suggested guidelines for shoppers and sellers to follow for this year’s rummages. We’re all ready to get out of the house, but let’s make sure everybody stays safe and healthy in the process. Thank you.
1. Per CDC guidelines, please consider wearing masks (shoppers and sellers) unless medically contraindicated, and maintain a respectful six foot distance from others. Rummage sales should consider putting tape down on the floor six feet apart to help shoppers keep a safe distance.
2. We recommend rummage sale homes have hand sanitizer available when people pay for items.
3. We recommend sanitizing any surface being touched during payment.
4. This year, Kingswood will not provide public port-a-pots, to help limit potential spreading of the virus.
5. Please don’t conduct or attend any rummage sales if you have any COVID-19 symptoms that are unexplained, especially coughing, fever, and shortness of breath.
6. We recommend rummage shoppers bring their own hand sanitizer to sanitize hands between rummage sales.